I’ve been tagged by the fabulous Susan to share 12 random facts, and answer 12 questions. It’s a difficult task to find new facts after sharing these previously. I’ve done my best, so scroll down to discover more than you ever wanted to know about me.
And then head over and enter to win the Macy’s giveaway!
12 Random Facts
1) If I had to choose between salty and sweet, I’m going salty every time.
2) I could live forever without meat, but I could never give up fish.
3) When I was pregnant with my twins (a boy and a girl), I worried that I wouldn’t love my second daughter as much as my first – my oldest is such a fantastic kid. And then she came and I discovered that a mother’s heart has the capacity to love without limits.
4) Speaking of that pregnancy, I made it to nearly 37 weeks, and then delivered 12 lb, 3 oz of baby (one of whom came out feet first – yikes!).
5) Next Sept I’m going to be a blubbering, sloppy mess. Those babies will be headed off to kindergarten, and I’m already beside myself about it. Can I just freeze time right now?!
6) Spring used to be my favorite season. But as I’ve gotten older, fall has become my new fave. It’s hard not to love fall when I get pretty colors like this right in my backyard.
7) On my first date with my husband, I knew I’d marry him. I even called my mom at midnight that night to tell her so.
8) I can’t hold still. I fidget when sitting, tap on the side of my book when reading, and wiggle constantly. I’m quite sure I’m the most annoying person ever to sit next to at the theater.
9) My favorite way to spend a vacation is to explore our location by foot. When we were in Paris a few months back, we walked over 10 miles one day.
10) I hate feet. But I LOVE shoes.
11) I eat the same thing for breakfast just about every single day. Two eggs, over easy, and a half piece of dry toast. I make it for myself even when I make pancakes for the rest of my crew (refer to #1).
12) I’m pretty sure my hair has stopped growing. I came across this old post, and realized how much I miss having long hair. But it appears to be stuck at just long-ish.
1) What are your favorite things about winter?
Curling up next to the fire with my hubby, and the expressions on my children’s faces the morning of the first snow.
2) What is your favorite winter outfit?
A cozy sweater, fleece lined leggings, and piles and piles of scarves.
3) What is your favorite winter food?
A hearty soup and a great bread for dipping.
4) What is your favorite winter drink?
Eggnog. I look forward to it all year long.
5) How you do like your makeup in the winter?
Less gloss, more dark matte lip. Heavy on the mascara, light on the bronzer.
6) What are you hoping Santa brings you?
This. And world peace, of course.
7) What is your favorite winter scent?
Cinnamon. But fall scents are much more fun.
8) What is your favorite winter memory?
Seeing A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie every year as a child.
9) What is your dream way to spend a winters day?
Hanging out in comfy clothes with a good book and a fire blazing, only heading outside for a trip to the ice rink for some skating.
10) what are the first 3 things that remind you of winter?
Child sized gloves/hats/snow pants/boots lying every which way and all about; Christmas songs on the radio; cold hands wrapped around a steaming cup of something hot.
11) What is your favorite winter song?
This one. But I sing a mean rendition of Santa Baby.
12) Finish this sentence: If I could have one Christmas wish, it would be… that my family would have a day filled with joy, and that their focus would be on the true reason for the season rather than the excitement of all things material.
I’m tagging new bloggy friends Laura and Amber to share their 12!
Linking with The Pleated Poppy, Because Shanna Said So, Style Elixir, Totally Posted Tuesday